The Carna Experience
Cast yourself away for the ultimate wild escape in the UK’s last wilderness.
Carna offers a unique opportunity to escape to adventure on a private 600 acre island in Loch Sunart, whilst staying in one of our two self-catered holiday cottages tucked between the Ardnamurchan and Morvern peninsulas. A truly secluded location accessed only by your inclusive boat, this uninhabited island is surrounded by hills and mountains, abundant wildlife, sea and sky with no traffic noise, no light pollution, limited mobile signal, Wi-Fi, no TV.
We offer unique self-catered holidays for families, friends, couples and individuals. We ask that you arrive at Laga Bay, Ardnamurchan ready to meet the boat to transfer across Loch Sunart to the Isle of Carna where our team will be waiting. We’ll take you and your luggage over to Carna island, settle you in, show you how to drive the boat and where best to spot wildlife or see the best views. Then we’ll leave you to it to relax, unwind and explore at your own pace. However, should you need help or assistance we man a 24 radio link to the mainland just in case.
There are no mains supplies of electricity, water, gas or drainage. Our private water supply is safe to drink and regularly tested. There are solar panels and automatic generator supplying electricity and our gas cookers use bottled gas.
Prices start from £1750 a week or £850 for a short break.
November to March small group / couple discounts apply, go to “book now” to check prices
What’s included in my stay?
- Off road parking in our private car park.
- Transfers for all guests and luggage to and from the mainland by boat private charter.
- Transfer of luggage from boat to cottage and vice versa
- Accommodation in either Carna House or Carna Cottage, why not book both for that special occasion?
- A self-drive pioner multi boat with training, safety equipment and fuel. Yours to explore Loch Sunart and Loch Teacuis throughout your stay.
- All household fuel including logs, gas and electricity
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels, tea towels, dish cloth etc
- Kitchen essentials tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, washing up liquid, hand soap
- Toilet rolls
- Introduction to the houses and appliances
- 24 hour mainland personal support service via VHS radio, training and instructions included
- Freedom to explore the whole island of Carna unimpeded for the whole of your stay
- Fishing trips & rod hire
- Guided walks and boat trips around the island
- Whale watching, eagle watch cruise, Tobermory boat trip and other wildlife boat trips
- Dawn otter watching and photography sessions
- Pre-prepared meals or full catering can be arranged for you
- Mainland laundry facilities
- Shopping delivery for you to collect at our Laga Bay base (extra charge to cover costs)
- Carna Cottage now has optional Wi-Fi with a smart tv and DVD player supporting Amazon firestick, Netflix etc.
What to bring with you
- Personal Medicines
- Food and drink
- Torches and spare batteries
- Personal toiletries
- Walking boots
- Rucksack and dry bag
- Gloves, hats, socks plus spares of each
- Sun tan lotion
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars / telescope
- Tick tweezers
- Sense of Adventure!
What not to bring with you
- Hairdryers, curling tongs etc. Carna’s limited solar powered energy supply can’t support them.
- Bottled water, not required and heavy to carry.
- toilet rolls, supplied.
- Excess baggage and food supplies.