The Carna Experience
Cast yourself away for the ultimate ‘Digital Detox’.
Carna offers a unique opportunity to get away from it all on a private 600 acre island in Loch Sunart, whilst staying in one of our two self-catered holiday cottages. A truly secluded location accessed only by your inclusive boat, this uninhabited island is surrounded by hills and mountains, abundant wildlife, sea and sky with no traffic noise, no mobile signal, Wi-Fi or TV.
We offer unique self-catered holidays for families, friends, couples and individuals. We ask that you arrive at Laga Bay, Ardnamurchan ready to meet the boat to transfer across Loch Sunart to the Isle of Carna where our team will be waiting. We’ll take you and your luggage over to Carna island, settle you in, show you how to drive the boat and where best to spot wildlife or see the best views. Then we’ll leave you to it to relax, unwind and explore at your own pace. However, should you need help or assistance we maintain a 24 radio link to the mainland just in case.
Prices start from £1250 a week or £750 for a short break.
What’s included in my stay?
- Accommodation in either Carna House or Carna Cottage, why not book both for that special occasion?
- A self-drive boat with training, safety equipment and fuel. Yours to explore Loch Sunart and Loch Teacuis
- All household fuel including logs, gas and electricity
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels, tea towels, dish cloth etc
- Kitchen essentials tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, washing up liquid, hand soap
- Toilet rolls
- Transfers for all guests and luggage on and off the island.
- Introduction to the houses and appliances
- 24 hour mainland radio support service
- A short guided walk on the island (if requested)
- Freedom to explore the whole island unimpeded
- Fishing trips & rod hire
- Guided walks and boat trips around the island
- Whale watching, eagle watch cruise, Tobermory boat trip and other wildlife boat trips
- Dawn otter watching and photography sessions
- Pre-prepared meals or full catering can be arranged for you.
- Mainland laundry facilities
What to bring with you
- Personal Medicines
- Food and drink
- Torches and spare batteries
- Personal toiletries
- Walking boots
- Rucksack and dry bag
- Gloves, hats, socks plus spares of each
- Sun tan lotion
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars / telescope
- Tick tweezers
- Sense of Adventure!
What not to bring with you
- Curling tongs
- Linen and towels