The Carna Experience
We are looking forward to welcoming guests back to Carna and in preparation have developed risk assessment and cleaning protocols designed to protect guests, staff and the wider community during the Coronavirus pandemic. We have followed current advice and will update regularly as national recommendations change.
A major change affecting guests is that there will be a day between guests departing and guests arriving. All “full week” holidays will be 6 nights until further notice. Guests will leave Saturday am and next guests arrive Sunday pm. A specific time will be allotted for arrival and departure to allow for social distancing.
Cast yourself away for the ultimate ‘Digital Detox’.
Carna offers a unique opportunity to get away from it all on a private 600 acre island in Loch Sunart, whilst staying in one of our two self-catered holiday cottages. A truly secluded location accessed only by your inclusive boat, this uninhabited island is surrounded by hills and mountains, abundant wildlife, sea and sky with no traffic noise, limited mobile signal, Wi-Fi or TV.
We offer unique self-catered holidays for families, friends, couples and individuals. We ask that you arrive at Laga Bay, Ardnamurchan ready to meet the boat to transfer across Loch Sunart to the Isle of Carna where our team will be waiting. We’ll take you and your luggage over to Carna island, settle you in, show you how to drive the boat and where best to spot wildlife or see the best views. Then we’ll leave you to it to relax, unwind and explore at your own pace. However, should you need help or assistance we maintain a 24 radio link to the mainland just in case.
Prices start from £1700 a week or £750 for a short break.
What’s included in my stay?
- Off road parking in our private car park.
- Transfers for all guests and luggage to and from the mainland
- Transfer of luggage from boat to cottage and vice versa
- Accommodation in either Carna House or Carna Cottage, why not book both for that special occasion?
- A self-drive boat with training, safety equipment and fuel. Yours to explore Loch Sunart and Loch Teacuis
- All household fuel including logs, gas and electricity
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels, tea towels, dish cloth etc
- Kitchen essentials tea, coffee, sugar, salt, pepper, washing up liquid, hand soap
- Toilet rolls
- Introduction to the houses and appliances
- 24 hour mainland personal support service via VHS radio, training and instructions included
- A short guided walk on the island (if requested)
- Freedom to explore the whole island of Carna unimpeded for the whole of your stay
- Fishing trips & rod hire
- Guided walks and boat trips around the island
- Whale watching, eagle watch cruise, Tobermory boat trip and other wildlife boat trips
- Dawn otter watching and photography sessions
- Pre-prepared meals or full catering can be arranged for you
- Mainland laundry facilities
- Shopping delivery for you to collect at our Laga Bay base (extra charge to cover costs)
What to bring with you
- Personal Medicines
- Food and drink
- Torches and spare batteries
- Personal toiletries
- Walking boots
- Rucksack and dry bag
- Gloves, hats, socks plus spares of each
- Sun tan lotion
- Insect repellent
- Binoculars / telescope
- Tick tweezers
- Sense of Adventure!
What not to bring with you
- Curling tongs