Carna Cottage is an original farmers ‘Blackhouse’ that has been modernized over the years to provide warm, comfortable and fully equipped self-catering accommodation overlooking the private pontoon and tranquil shoreline. The cottage conservatory and dining kitchen windows provide a wonderful and unique viewing platform from which to watch our abundant wildlife. Otters feed and fish on and around the pontoon in front on a daily basis whilst seals swim past heading through Caol Chàrna narrows to our right and both eagles often perch on ‘the bridge’ in full view.
This cosy two bedroomed loch-side cottage, which sleeps a maximum of 6 people, has a wood burning stove in the lounge, electric lighting provided by the island generator, kitchen dining room with fridge freezer and cooker, family bathroom and conservatory. There is a unique freedom to explore on land and by boat this stunningly beautiful and secluded area, so free from light pollution the Milky Way lights up the sky on clear nights.
Whether coming here to learn about our wildlife and habitats, photograph it or simply get away from the stresses of life we can shape your visit to find just what you’re looking for.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 2 plus sofa bed
- Changeover Day: Sat in July & August. Flexible at other times.
- Pets Allowed: Yes (3 dogs)
- Non smoking
- Bathrooms: 1
- Linen: Towels and bedding included
- Fuel: All inclusive
- Large mown area, open access to whole island
- Stone built BBQ
- Solid Fuel Stove
- Pet Friendly
- Your own boat with tuition, fuel and safety equipment
- Welcome talk and short guided walk on the island
- Transfers on and off island
- 24 hour support
- Wildlife camera trapping
- Fishing rod hire
- Local food and provisions delivered
- Full catering
- Domestic services (washing and ironing)
- Guided wildlife watching on the island
- Whale watching other wildlife boat trips
- Deep water sea fishing trips
- Other activities e.g. Kayaking, Diving etc.
Our Self-catered Escape Package starts from £1250 a Week or £750 for a Short Break
Check out our reviews for Carna Cottage on