Stunning views and perfect wildlife watching!
Carna Cottage is an original farmers ‘Blackhouse’ that has been modernised over the years to provide warm, comfortable and fully equipped self-catering accommodation overlooking the private pontoon and tranquil shoreline. The cottage conservatory and dining kitchen windows provide a wonderful and unique viewing platform from which to watch our abundant wildlife. Otters feed and fish on and around the pontoon in front on a daily basis whilst seals swim past heading through Caol Chàrna narrows to our right and both eagles often perch on ‘the bridge’ in full view.
This warm and comfortable two bedroomed loch-side cottage, which sleeps a maximum of 6 people, has a wood burning stove in the lounge, electric lighting provided by the island solar panels, kitchen dining room with fridge freezer and gas cooker, family bathroom and large conservatory. There is a unique freedom to explore on land and by boat this stunningly beautiful and secluded area, so free from light pollution the Milky Way lights up the sky on clear nights.
Carna cottage has optional wifi included with a smart tv in the lounge supporting Amazon firestick, netfix etc. and a DVD player. There is a USB and 13amp, 3 pin charging socket in the kitchen.
Outside is a wonderful stone built BBQ with the best ever views!
Whether coming here to learn about our wildlife and habitats, photograph it or simply get away from the stresses of life we can shape your visit to find just what you’re looking for.
Prices from £1258.00 for seven nights for two guests, 3 night short breaks from ££818.00 (includes discounts)
- Private Charter boat transfers to the island
- Mainland parking included
- Bedrooms: 2 plus sofa bed
- Changeover Day: Sat in July & August. Flexible at other times.
- Pets Allowed: Yes (2 dogs)
- Non smoking
- Bathrooms: 1
- Linen: Towels and bedding included
- Fuel: Included
- Saturday to Saturday throughout the summer
- Detached original Blackhouse
- Large mown area, open access to whole island
- Stone built BBQ
- Solid Fuel Stove
- Pet Friendly
- Bath with shower
- Available for month long stays for home working.
- Your own boat with tuition, fuel and safety equipment
- Welcome talk and short guided walk on the island
- Transfers on and off island
- 24 hour support
- Wildlife camera trapping
- Fishing rod hire
- Local food and provisions delivered
- Outside catering can be arranged
- Guided wildlife watching on the island
- Wildlife boat trips
- Deep water sea fishing trips
- Other activities e.g. Kayaking, Diving etc.
Our Self-catered Escape Package starts from £1250 a Week or £750 for a Short Break
Check out our reviews for Carna Cottage on