Throughout the winter 2020 season we are offering guests the opportunity to book a longer stay “workation” on Carna by supplying a wifi link to the island. To discuss home working on the island, check availability and book please either email or telephone us. Contact details
Carna Cottage is an original farmers ‘Blackhouse’ that has been modernized over the years to provide warm, comfortable and fully equipped self-catering accommodation overlooking the private pontoon and tranquil shoreline. The cottage conservatory and dining kitchen windows provide a wonderful and unique viewing platform from which to watch our abundant wildlife. Otters feed and fish on and around the pontoon in front on a daily basis whilst seals swim past heading through Caol Chàrna narrows to our right and both eagles often perch on ‘the bridge’ in full view.
This cosy two bedroomed loch-side cottage, which sleeps a maximum of 6 people, has a wood burning stove in the lounge, electric lighting provided by the island solar panels, kitchen dining room with fridge freezer and cooker, family bathroom and large conservatory. There is a unique freedom to explore on land and by boat this stunningly beautiful and secluded area, so free from light pollution the Milky Way lights up the sky on clear nights.
Outside is a wonderful stone built BBQ with the best ever views!
Whether coming here to learn about our wildlife and habitats, photograph it or simply get away from the stresses of life we can shape your visit to find just what you’re looking for.
- Sleeps: 6, 20% low season discount for couples
- Bedrooms: 2 plus sofa bed
- Changeover Day: Sat in July & August. Flexible at other times.
- Pets Allowed: Yes (3 dogs)
- Non smoking
- Bathrooms: 1
- Linen: Towels and bedding included
- Fuel: Included
- Large mown area, open access to whole island
- Stone built BBQ
- Solid Fuel Stove
- Pet Friendly
- Bath with shower
- 20% low season couple discount
- Available for month long stays for home working throughout winter 2020
- Your own boat with tuition, fuel and safety equipment
- Welcome talk and short guided walk on the island
- Transfers on and off island
- 24 hour support
- Wildlife camera trapping
- Fishing rod hire
- Local food and provisions delivered
- Outside catering can be arranged
- Guided wildlife watching on the island
- Whale watching other wildlife boat trips
- Deep water sea fishing trips
- Other activities e.g. Kayaking, Diving etc.
Our Self-catered Escape Package starts from £1250 a Week or £750 for a Short Break
Check out our reviews for Carna Cottage on