Carna House is a wonderful getaway, a period 1920s cottage with log fires and gas lighting. It is a warm and cosy cottage sleeping up to 8 guests in comfort and seclusion. Relax by the roaring fire and fall to sleep with nothing but the gentle sound of the sea and perhaps rutting stags. This is the perfect place for getting back to basics and allowing quality time with friends and family that is in such short supply these days.
The cottage consists of one double bedroom, two twins and one bunk room, kitchen with stove, dining room with fire, sitting room with log burner, two toilets and one bathroom plus a porch. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge, cooker and all the equipment you should need.
Outside there is a large mown garden with table, chairs and bench to sit and enjoy the views with the sea shore under a minute walk away. From your front door you are free to stroll where you like, perhaps up through the wildflower meadow, scale the summit or wander off round the deserted coastline maybe spotting an otter on the way.
Whether coming here to learn about our wildlife and habitats, photograph it or simply get away from the stresses of life we can help shape your visit to find just what you’re looking for.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Changeover Day: Sat in July & August, flexible at other times.
- Pets Allowed: Yes (3 dogs)
- Non smoking
- Bathrooms: 2
- Linen: All Bedding & Towels included
- Fuel: All inclusive
- Essential cooking ingredients included
- Large Garden with open access to whole island
- Garden Furniture
- Open Fire & Solid Fuel Stoves
- Pet Friendly
- Shower & Bath
- Your own boat with tuition, fuel and safety equipment
- Welcome talk and short guided walk on the island
- Transfers on and off island
- 24 hour support
- Wildlife camera trapping
- Fishing rod hire
- Local food and provisions delivered
- Full catering
- Domestic services (washing and ironing)
- Guided wildlife watching on the island
- Whale watching other wildlife boat trips
- Deep water sea fishing trips
- Other activities e.g. Kayaking, Diving etc.
Our Self-catered Escape Package starts from £1300 a Week or £845 for a Short Break
Check out our reviews for Carna House on