Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of £300 is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than eight weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel your holiday more than 8 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 8 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed those stated on the website and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the properties. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owners) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Transfers to the Isle of Carna will depart Laga Bay at 4pm. Guests should arrive no later than 3.15 pm to unload and be ready for departure. No other transfer time is available unless by prior arrangement and agreement. Late arrival transfers are at the discretion of Ardnamurchan Charters and an extra private charter charge will be incurred.
- Tenancies normally commence at 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the properties by 10.00 am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. We expect guests to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. Glass bottles must be taken away for appropriate recycling.
- Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you. Pets are purely by prior arrangement.
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- All dogs must be kept under control and not allowed to interfere with other guests or frighten or distress grazing animals on the island.
- From time to time it will be necessary for workers to be present on the land for conservation, agricultural or maintenance work during guests stay. We will endeavour to pre warn guests if this is likely to occur.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times. No child under the age of 18 years should be unaccompanied either on the pontoon or on the boat.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Carna Conservation Initiative CIC is a non-profit, limited liability Community Interest Company registered in Scotland and limited by shares. Our registered address is Bruach na Fearna, Laga Bay, Acharacle, Argyll, PH36 4JW, Scotland. Our registration number is 474860.
Community Interest Companies
A CIC is a business structure designed for social enterprises that wish to use their assets for the public good. CIC’s follow a non-profit model where all profits must further the company’s community objectives and all assets are locked for community benefit in the event of winding up.
All contents of this website are ©2020 Carna Conservation Initiative CIC unless otherwise credited. Every effort is made to ensure that linked third party sites are relevant to conservation, however we can accept no responsibility for their content.